1st week: June 20-24
2nd week: June 27 - July 1
In this 3rd camp, the main program is to encourage children to love art, nature and other people. We will teach children to explore techniques and different media in painting, and produce more functional craft.
Direct observation is very important when creating artwork. So, we will bring children to several locations in Bali, twice in a week:
- Learning and do some artworks with some of Balinese artists (Kids Mask Artists at Desa Tegallalang Ubud and Egg's Painting Artists at Gianyar) will make children appreciate more on art, exploring new things, and most importantly they will learn to not give up when encountering difficulties in the artwork.
- Visiting and do some yoga poses with professional instructor at Intuitive Flow Yoga Studio, Ubud will give children a good experience.
- Visiting cytrus farm at Desa Taro, Ubud and organic cocoa farm at Desa Cau, Tabanan will have children experience and more familiar with natural colors, textures and smells. There will be some activities; picking fruit from the tree,having a look at luwak coffee processing, making palm sugar, feeding animals, walking the rice fields and learn about traditional irrigation, visiting organic cocoa farm and seeing coltivation of more than 25 different tropical plants, observing the process from organic chocolate beans into chocolate ready to eat, and playing at small simple outbound area.
- Giving children new experiences by going around some area in Denpasar using Balinese traditional transportation 'delman' (horse carriage cart).
- Giving children new experiences by shopping craft at Pasar Kumbasari, Denpasar and Balinese offering materials (coconut leaves and flowers).
- Learning to be a young journalist (reporting about any conditions and situations happening along their trip) will stimulate children and help them to be more confidence and aware of whatever happens around their life.
- Fishing at fishing pond is beneficial for children to appreciation of nature, good attitude, balance, and patience.
Mentors:Mr. Darius Leki
Mr. Aris Dwipermana
Ms. Putu Lina
Photographer: Elisabeth Hetty